Downtown Concord Ambassador Program
30 Cabarrus Avenue, West
P. O. Box 62, Concord, NC 28026-0062
Purpose: The Downtown Concord Ambassador Program provides a group of friendly, well-trained, informed individuals from our community at settings where large numbers of out-of-town visitors are spending the day or weekend in Historic Downtown Concord. Downtown Ambassadors will provide information to educate visitors about products and services in Historic Downtown Concord. While this Ambassador group has been formed primarily to interact with families attending weekend tournaments at Carolina Courts in Downtown Concord, there will be other opportunities for Downtown Ambassadors to enhance the visitors’ experience while promoting all the terrific amenities of Historic Downtown Concord.
Time Commitment: When asked to work at a Carolina Courts Tournament each Ambassador will be required to work a two-hour shift, often with another Ambassador. Most shifts will be on Saturdays between the hours of 8:00 am and 2:00 pm.
Training: A brief training session will be conducted for all Ambassadors. This session will include a walking tour of Historic Downtown Concord.
Compensation: All Downtown Ambassadors are volunteers; however, each Ambassador will receive coupons and gift certificates to a variety of Downtown establishments at the end of their shift.
Respect of time and commitment: If accepted as an Ambassador I understand there is an expectation that I will serve a minimum of two shifts per every three months, and will be willing to honor commitments of service by being at events the day and time I am scheduled to do so.
Questions? Please contact Diane Young at 704-784-4208, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? Please fill out an application and return it to the Concord Downtown Development Corporation.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST
Downtown Concord Ambassador Application
2. Address:__________________(street),_____________(city), NC,_____________(zip)
3. Phone:_______________(home),__________________(mobile), _________________(work if appropriate)
4. Email address:_________________________
5. In which ambassador opportunities are you interested? (Please check)
a. Greeter at tournaments, Carolina Courts___________
b. Greeter/volunteer at special events_______
6. Please describe your availability:
i. AM: ______
ii. PM: ______
b. Saturdays: ______
c. Other: _____
7. Will you be meeting a volunteer/service requirement with your hours? If so, describe the organization and contact individual.__________________________________________________
- We would like to call you for a brief phone interview. Please provide the best phone number to use and the most convenient time of day:
- If accepted as an Ambassador when could you begin volunteering?
If accepted as an Ambassador I understand there is an expectation that I will serve a minimum of two shifts per every three months, and will be willing to honor commitments of service by being at events the day and time I am scheduled to do so.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site
. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Mail completed application to:
Diane Young, Concord Downtown Development Corporation, P.O. Box 62, Concord, NC 28026